The Whittlesea Bicycle Users Group is a not-for-profit local community group
that promotes bicycle riding for health, fitness, fun and as a form of active transport.
Established in 2010, we are a social group of riders catering for women and men of
all ages, backgrounds and riding abilities with a strong focus on
promoting diversity and inclusion.
Explore Melbourne’s extensive bike path network by riding with experienced and knowledgeable ride leaders. You can establish new friendships by riding with like-minded people with a café stop on each of our rides and a ‘no drop’ policy.
We organise regular rides on weekends, including:
- Weekly rides on a Sunday morning, usually on bike paths
- Monthly road rides on a Saturday for those wanting to train for cycling events
- Monthly Women’s Social Ride – connecting and supporting women in a fun and relaxed space
- Occasional day and overnight trips to explore Victoria’s wonderful range of rail trails.
Our website has a rides library that you can access.
Other membership benefits
- Learn more about bikes and riding by chatting to other members, who are happy to share knowledge and tips
- Learn to ride sessions specifically catering for women are available through our Women’s Bike Skill, Fun and Friendship Program
- Attend social events organised by Whittlesea BUG
- Keep informed about all the latest news on cycling infrastructure in the City of Whittlesea
- Opportunities to get involved with advocating for improvements to cycling infrastructure
- Free Whittlesea BUG water bottle, pen, and musette
- Discount on Whittlesea BUG merchandise
- 10% discount on purchases from Bicycle Centre South Morang
- Discount on preparation of wills with Collards Solicitors (Lalor office)
- Access to Maurice and Blackburn lawyers to assist with TAC claims
We look forward to you joining us on one of our rides soon and/or becoming involved in other BUG activities. Should you have any questions please contact the Secretary by email .
Whittlesea Bicycle Users Group, serving the Whittlesea Cycling Community.
Whittlesea BUG is very thankful and appreciative to be supported by these community-minded organisations.
We thank these community-minded organisations for their assistance.
WBUG celebrated its 10th Anniversary – Ride and BBQ
The event took place at Norris Bank Reserve Bundoora on Sun 23 May at approx. 10 AM in the form of both a family ride & also BBQ with soft drinks and food being provided.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving” – Albert Einstein.
Snap Send Solve
Snap Send Solve is the free mobile app that allows you to easily report feedback to the relevant authorities including Council, Parks Victoria, Melbourne Water, and VicRoads. Whittlesea BUG encourages members of the BUG and the residents of the City of Whittlesea to download the SnapSendSolve app, and use it to report any problems they encounter while riding bikes.
We request you please keep the Whittlesea BUG informed of local issues by emailing us (our email address is listed on the Contact Us page) of any emails received.